Lou Mongello loves Disney. He has been going since he was age seven. He was a lawyer from New Jersey. He wrote the book he alwas wanted to read about Disney and started to build his community. Along the way Lou started podcasting and now is podcasting live every Wednesday from Disney. He has also created a lot of great content that has resulted in Lou being voted the top travel podcast 2006-2011. Here are some of the lessons you can learn from Lou.
1. He knows what his audience wants as he interacts with them on a regular basis.
2. He has found advertising and sponsors that fit his audience (like travel).
3. he has expanded beyond the microphone with private tours, speaking, books, and more. (See his shop)
4. Everyone loves a “behind the scenes” look of everything. Lou provides that and then some.
5. You never know what you’re going to get. When I listened to his one podcast he walked into a restaurant and did a live review.
6. If you want to do this for a living you need a niche that has enough people, and can be monetized.
When I listened to Lou’s podcast you can hear the excitement in his voice, and you instantly know that Lou is a Disney expert. He is going to help you get the most out of your Disney trip.
Apparently Jimminy Cricket wasn’t lying when he said “When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.”
Start your podcast at the School of Podcasting